Friday, April 28, 2006

Reflections of a 40 year old

That's right. Two days ago I hit the 40 mark. Hard to believe. I had an absolutely glorious birthday filled with tons of love from my family and friends. I am happy to say that this 40 year old body was still able to get out of bed and go for a morning run..AND spend 6 hours gardening and doing yardwork. Mark offered to take me out for the day and wine and dine me...my preference was to stay home and wrestle with a rototiller!
My sweet husband knows how to lovingly make my birthday special. This years theme was 'cooking' . I received 3 wonderful new cookbooks that I am anxious to delve into and dazzle my family with mouthwatering delicacies! Mark signed the two of us up for a one night cooking class entitled, "A Romantic Dinner for Two". I will at long last learn how to cook lamb. Katie bought me the most darling set of espesso cups and saucers..and my boy Daniel picked out 4 of the cutest little tea spoons I've ever seen.
The second part of my birthday revolved around my running habit. Mark's parents provided the funds for a splurge on new running shoes..plus extras!! Mark also bought me..not 1..not 2..but 3 new running skirts! I have been wanting to try out the running skirts and am so excited about them!
So here I am...40. Happy to be here..excited for what lies ahead...and thankful to My God who has surrounded me with a family that I love!

No comments:

Google