Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ramblings from a 41 year old.



So today is my 41st birthday. They say, whomever 'they' are, "that time flies." The word flies just doesn't seem like a fast enough term to me. I think I can remember pretty vividly when my own parents were 41 and that seems just yesterday. Although that would make me only 15 today and with obvious recogniton that my OWN daughter is 15 would make it quite impossible.
A wise woman has told me that the 40's are the best years! I look forward to that! My first two years in the 40's have been filled with many many joys. I am beyond blessed to have a husband (who doesn't look a day over 30) by my side everyday, patiently loving me through my middle years. Who has never forgotten that my favorite flowers are carnations, and that at least one week out of the month there should be chocolate readily available in the house. He is my life and without him I would surely crumble. I am thankful for our children who have much better memories than I and are able to point me in the direction of my car keys, cell phone, etc. Who have entrusted their lives to Jesus and live to please Him above all. Oh..and know the correct way to load and unload a dishwasher.
I am thankful that God calls me daughter. That Jesus desires to have a relationship with me and that one day I shall see Him face to face.

No comments:

Google