Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August.. and life is changing so fast

I've been a little hesitant to write, as things seem to be changing faster than I can keep up with them. I am saddened that I missed my annual letter to Katie on her birthday. Thankfully she knows of the insanity that encircles us all right now and has a gracious and forgiving heart.
As some of you know, Mark has returned to the corporate world. The economic downturn and the strains that it was placing on the business, proved to be beyond our comfort zone. It did not take long for Mark to reconnect with friends from his prior vocation and secure a job that offered the stability of a regular paycheck. In his stead I have taken on the task of running the business. For those of you who know me and all my shortcomings, you are probably laughing as you read this. Somehow fresh baked banana bread doesn't go quite as far in the business world. The good news is, things have begun to pick up at work and the last two months have looked good on the books.
We are however quickly approaching 7 years here in Eugene and are all feeling the itch to move. My mother always said I was the one that got the gypsy blood in the family. It's not that we don't love our friends, or our church, we just got so used to all the moves early on that to be any place for too long causes us to start feeling a bit stagnant. It could be that we've never really had a place that we called 'home', and it could be it's because God does not expect us to ever feel as though there is a place here on earth that is to feel like 'home'. Whatever the reason, the antsiness exists in all four of us. Collectively we four function as one, and have since Daniel entered the world to complete our family. I do also long for the day when we will reunite with Mark Everett and I see my son who left this world before anyone had a chance to know him. So perhaps what I long for most, is eternity.

No comments:

Google