Monday, April 28, 2008

Forty....something???


Okay...so the cake candles give away my age. My children surprised me with a wonderful cake and homemade cards for my birthday. I am so blessed to have such selfless kids.
My day began with coffee being delivered to our room at the Cricketwood B & B in Bend, Oregon. www.cricketwood.com. Mark and I had been over in Redmond for a tradeshow on Thursday and decided to make a mini-vacation out of the trip. We stayed at our favorite Bed & Breakfast on the outskirts of Bend surrounded by horse farms. The B&B boasts phenomenal views of the snow-capped Cascade Mountains. The inn-keepers, Tracy and Jim, know how to spoil their guests. Warm cookies each evening with your choice of beverage is only the beginning. The cooked to order breakfasts are really the Pièce de résistance! My favorite is the Creme' Brulee' French Toast. I had mine with the fresh fruit of the day, strawberries and Kiwi. We chatted with our hosts and visited with the other couple who were staying at the Inn. Paul and Barbara were from the San Francisco area, but are moving to Bend in June. I can hardly blame them, the region is just so beautiful.
Back at the room Mark gave me my birthday present. A much desired running dress! This should provide me with the incentive to continue with my running.
We packed up our item, thanked our hosts and headed for home. The weather was perfect, with blue skies and white puffy clouds laid out in front of us. We enjoyed the sweeping road through the mountains that runs along side the McKenzie River.
We arrived home at 1 p.m. Where I was greeted by my children and birthday cake! I blew out the candles and each of us, forks in hand..dug in! (It was my birthday..so no dirty dishes allowed). At 3 p.m. we decided on an early dinner and visited one of our favorite pizza places, Pegasus Pizza by the university. We had our fill of BBQ chicken and Meatlovers pizza then returned home for some outside activity, namely spreading some mulch around my Blueberry bushes and then reclining on the patio!
A craving for pie somewhere around 6 had us visiting Marie Calendar's for a slice of Double Cream Lemon Pie, which we brought home and enjoyed as we watched October Sky.
We retired early as we had all had a somewhat exhausting day, but not before Mark and I made plans to recommit to our healthy eating the next day!

3 comments:

deanna said...

You young thing, you. I enjoyed your descriptions from the trip; my mouth's watering for the food at the B&B. :o)

Deanna said...

It's so fun having another "Deanna" to comment back and forth with. I hope you all will check out her site sometime (if for no other reason than to see that I am not talking to myself)

Edwards Family said...

Happy LATE Birthday!!!! Your kids are the sweetest!! Think of you often!!

Google