Wednesday, May 27, 2009

6:15 a.m. Wednesday Morning

I talked to Dad last night. Dineen is with him today and I will drive up tomorrow and then again on Friday with Mom. At this point the doctors are really not sure what the next step is. They are giving him very strong doses of antibiotics to fight the infection caused by the abscess. With Dad's spondylitis in his back lying in a hospital bed is very uncomfortable for him, so they are giving him some pretty strong pain medicine as well.

Mom is understandably tired. Making the trip back and forth from Roseburg to Portland, and taking care of Ryan James, who is at the end of his junior year of high school. She could use your prayers as well for strength and endurance.

I wish I had more news, but I don't. I have to trust in a sovereign God who holds Dad in the palm of His hands and will in His timing unfold His plan. What brings me the most Hope in this time is the knowledge that both Mom and Dad have trusted Jesus as their Saviour and know what their ultimate future holds. Daily we are reminded of just how fleeting this life really is, it is a comfort to know that an eternity with Christ is on the horizon for those who put their faith in Him.

Dad is grateful for all your prayers....as are the rest of us.


~Deanna

No comments:

Google