Hi All,
A friend suggested I have a spot to post Dad's updates..so I'm just going to use my blog.
Dad is in the Portland VA hospital. He was admitted on Saturday night with fever, chills, vomiting. He had been in the Roseburg VA and they transported him to Portland. He was in the ICU for the first day but they have since moved him to a regular room, which is much more comfortable for Dad. They are giving him a lot of antibiotics as well as oxycodone to help him sleep.
Dad has a large encapsulated abscess on his liver. They were going to go in today and start draining that abscess and also do a liver biopsy. When they tried to get a clear picture of the location on the scan/xray machine so they could insert the drain, they found it was being blocked by a large solid mass in his abdomen. (Possibly one of his hernias) So they could not proceed. The doctors are supposed to consult with him later this afternoon to determine the next step.
As I know more..I will post more. Please keep my Dad, "Rene", in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment