At first these oddities were somewhat obscured from the outside world. Existing only within the walls of our home and between my two precious ones and myself. And then they learned to speak. Mark would chuckle knowingly to himself as they would share with him some of the "Funny Mommy" moments of the day.
Following the movie, Finding Nemo, my nickname promptly became Dory. The location of my cell phone is a never ending source of comic material, and whenever I forget what I was going to say my family is quick to chime in with, "It probably started with Has anyone seen my....?"
My sensitivity and overactive tearducts lend themselves to some amusing moments as well.
My sweet son, curled up on his father's lap last night, could not stifle his snickers as I wept through the movie we were watching. A very low budget film, entitled Flywheel, which was filled with scene after scene of God's faithfulness. The acting was mediocre at best, the video quality like that of a home movie, and yet I blubbered.
What perhaps was the highlight of the night however, was the ability of Katie to recall one of my bigger blunders and to relate it in such a way that we all drifted off to sleep giggling.
We had spent the majority of Sunday and Monday cleaning out Daniel's closets and rearranging his room. I realized that one of Daniel's favorite stuffed animals was in need of some 'refreshing'. When he asked about it's location at bed-time I said, "Oh, I've put him in the laundry room to be washed." Katie chimed in from her bed, "Mom, you can't wash those."
"Sure you can." I snapped back. Then my beautiful daughter in her sweetest voice filled with encouragement and not a bit of sarcasm responded, "That's what you said about that other stuffed dog, ................May he rest in pieces."
Yep, I can still hear them laughing.
1 comment:
Hi there,
My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.
Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications
Post a Comment