Friday, July 25, 2008

Why I ride the way I do....








Tonight was yet again another opportunity for us to get out and ride our bikes. The temperatures were ideal in the high 70's with a light breeze blowing which made riding along the river most comfortable. Someone once asked basically, "When you ride do you ride fast or is it a more leisurely pace?" I guess my answer would have to be...both. It really depends on what the purpose of our rides are. Sometimes I ride my bike up to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I'm not out to set any speed records or reap any health benefits, I'm simply riding because for that purpose it is the most efficient means to the end. Other times I ride for pleasure, meandering along the bike paths or through our neighborhood, just for the shear pleasure of soaking up some sunshine. Then there are the times that I want to ride to make my "quads" scream and beg for mercy. Tonight was to be that kind of a ride.
It started out with a quick stop at Subway for a small 'fuel up'. We set out single file heading for the river path. It wasn't long before Katie's pace slowed and she confessed that she just wasn't feeling that good. So the "ride til you feel pain" adventure..would have to wait until another day. So..plan B. I pulled out the little digital camera from my cinch sack and proceeded to just have fun. I have included some of the pictures here and you can see more on my Flickr photo page.

2 comments:

deanna said...

Good pictures. And I hope Katie feels better.

Edwards Family said...

WAIT......let me grab my bike!!! :~)

Google